Summer Programme – Spain
Our Summer Programmes offers students a unique and fun-filled opportunity to experience Spanish life while improving your language skills. The course is very popular and participant feedback is of a fantastic experience and improved Spanish language ability. Spanish classes take place in the mornings and a full programme of activities and excursions are planned for the afternoons and evenings.
Barcelona in a Language School
Dates & Duration: Courses run from June through to August and last from two weeks and upwards. Contact us 2012 start dates.
Arrivals on Sundays only. Departures on Saturday only.
Age Group: 12-17 years
Participants must have studied Spanish for at least one year and be of an independent character.
- Full board accommodation in carefully selected families (single room).
- Easy public transportation offering convenient connections.
- We do our very best to place students with a host family with children of the same age, but this cannot always be guaranteed.
- 15 lessons/week (1 lesson = 50mins) general Spanish Course by qualified Spanish Teachers
- From Monday to Friday (max 15 students per class)
- 1 full day excursion each week to the Port Aventura theme park (Saturday)
- 2-afternoon activities & cultural tours each week (e.g. Gaudi’s works, Olympic Barcelona, the Picasso Museum and art exhibitions)
- 1 evening per week at our private disco
- Sundays are spent with host families
- Options: Tennis, Flamenco or Salsa classes
Start dates are optional therefore students book own flights and transfers.
All the families are carefully chosen for their hearty welcome by our local organiser who constantly helps the students when needed. From Monday to Saturday packed lunches are provided. Sundays are spent with the host families. Only one English-speaking student is allowed per family and has their own bedroom, though they may share with a child from the host family (2 separate beds). A student may request to be accommodated with a friend, but we need to get these requests very early.
Examples of these excursions include:
- Visit to Cannes
- Boat trip to St Tropez
- Sailing lessons
- Water theme parks
- Shopping in Nice
- Beach activities
- Acrobranche (treetop adventure climbing centre)
French classes take place daily in our partner language school situated in the town centre.
We organise travel from Dublin by scheduled flights, as well as private transfers from the airport to the
“GLT were excellent in organising my daughters stay in Spain. Any time I called, emailed or text I always received a quick response. I always knew that if I needed something for my daughter while she was away it would be taken care of straight away”.